Selling your home is probably the largest financial transaction of your life!
The sad fact is you might put more time and research into planning your 401k investment, a vacation or even the purchase of a car than you do in choosing your REALTOR. I want to share some facts about real estate agents with you before we go on.
A Typical Agent
- In 2010, 89% of buyers used the internet to find their home
- Professional photos of the same home received 139% more clicks
- Only 1% of agent use real HD video tours of their listings
- In 2011, only 32% of MLS listings used professional photos
- In 2010, only 45% of real estate agents were full-time
- In 2010, the average agent only completed 7 transactions, thats not listings its total transactions
- Only 63% of agents have a website, 51% use social media and only 10% have a blog
Many people believe that all Realtors are the same. So, they often hire a REALTOR who lacks the experience, education and technical resources required to succeed. The difference between an average agent and great agent is huge. We have just determined a typical agent only does 7 deals a year (most are probably purchases and not listings), they might have a web site, but do not have a blog, they don’t use professional photographers and absolutely do not use video. They also are PART-TIME agents.
When you are selling your home there are so many factors that come into play its unbelievable. The most important one is; can you count on your agent? Your agent is your guide. They are responsible for pricing, negotiating, staging, marketing and counseling you through what can be an amazingly hectic and stressful process. Deb and I will keep the stress to a minimum and we do that through communication and education.
The Wells Team
- Our team is staffed with only full time RE/MAX professional REALTORS and Broker Associates
- We have arguably the best photos in the industry
- We produce a 1080p HD quality home video tour for every listing
- We typically have 3-4 other proprietary videos for each listing
- We are a proud member of the Texas RE/MAX top 500 agents
What We Do Better
- CMA – Every agent on the planet will provide you with a Comprehensive Market Analysis (CMA). The trick is to get one from an agent that understands the proper way to prepare and present one. Most CMAs are generated products from online systems. What separates the good ones from the bad ones is the skill and experience of the agent. The trick is gathering all the relevant information together and making it applicable to the needs of you and your family.
- Photos – We provide professional photographs of your home and make sure they are expertly taken and presented. Other than price and condition quality photos are the most important aspect of professionally marketing your home.
- Video – We provide 1080p HD videos in three areas: a fly-cam video tour of the home, a driving tour of the neighborhood and a sellers interview (if desired). Most agents do not offer any type of video, and those that do usually create a slide show of pictures to music.
- Home Staging – Deb is a certified stager and you get as much of her time as you need to stage your home. Many listing agents don’t offer staging services and when they do they limit you to just one hour of ‘complementary’ time.
- Landscaping Staging – We create a landscaping review that does for the outside what staging does to the interior. We provide you with a document that has photographs, instructions, and a checklist of supplies to make your curb appeal amazing. We also have an exclusive relationship with a top landscaping company to help you if you don’t have a green thumb.
- Color Flyers – Most agents will put a flyer box in your yard with black and white flyers. We do not! We create professional color brochures strategically staged on the inside of your home.
- Realtor.com – We are premium members of Realtor.com. This allows us to present more photographs, videos and information about your home than regular agents. This lets us better market your home in a meaningful way. We also propagate your listing to hundreds of affiliated websites.
- Online Marketing – 84% of buyers start their search online. How many agents do you know that truly understand technology and the internet? Not many I bet and the ones who do have a good web presence have hired someone to do the work for them. When you hire the Wells to list your home you also get over 20 years of top tier technology knowledge from Brent. Brent is a former software architect and technology guru who puts that experience to work to get your listing propagated out across the web to attract the most buyers.
Nobody Sells More Real Estate Than Re/Max!