When your selling your home there are so many factors that come into play its unbelievable. The most important one is; can you count on your agent? Your agent is your guide. They are responsible for pricing, negotiating, staging, marketing and counseling you through what can be an amazingly hectic and stressful process. Deb and I will keep the stress to a minimum and we do that through communication and education. Please take advantage of these informational post to help you understand whats involved in selling your house.
The Listing Process
Selling your home should be a fun and enjoyable experience. We attempt to make it that way from start to finish through education, communication and plenty of conversation. You don’t want to just be listed, you want to be sold. There is a big difference in agents and we would like to show you some of our differences, but first here are the steps we follow to get you listed on the market.
- We stop by your home for 10-15 minutes to see your home first hand. Almost no other agent in our area does this! We feel its vital to truly be able to tell the condition of your home. “How can an agent tell you the value of your home with out ever seeing it?”
- We create a Comprehensive Market Analysis (CMA). It’s the document that tells you how much your home is worth and exactly why. Ours are awesome!
- We set an appointment with you to present our CMA and answer any and all of your questions. We also leave the CMA with you to keep.
- When you are ready to sell we sign the listing agreement. That’s the paperwork where you hire the Wells to sell your home.
- We place a RE/MAX yard sign in your yard with a coming soon rider.
- Deb schedules your staging appointment(s); both the landscaping and interior staging.
- After all the suggested repairs, updates and staging are completed we do a final walkthrough.
- We schedule our photographer to come photo and video the house.
- The photos and videos are processed and edited.
- All the data is entered into the MLS with the photos and videos.
- We blog your home with a dedicated page on our custom website.
- We tweet and post your listing on our custom pages, Facebook sites, Active Rain channels, REALTOR.com and localism sites.
What We Do Better Than Most
- CMA – Every agent on the planet will provide you with a Comprehensive Market Analysis (CMA). The trick is to get one from an agent that understands the proper way to prepare and present one. Most CMAs are generated products from online systems. What separates the good ones from the bad ones is the skill and experience of the agent. The trick is gathering all the relevant information together and making it applicable to the needs of you and your family.
- Photos – We provide professional photographs of your home and make sure they are expertly taken and presented. Other than price and condition quality photos are the most important aspect of professionally marketing your home.
- Video – We provide 1080p HD videos in three areas: a fly-cam video tour of the home, a driving tour of the neighborhood and a sellers interview (if desired). Most agents do not offer any type of video, and those that do usually create a slide show of pictures to music.
- Home Staging – Deb is a certified stager and you get as much of her time as you need to stage your home. Many listing agents don’t offer staging services and when they do they limit you to just one hour of ‘complementary’ time.
- Landscaping Staging – We create a landscaping review that does for the outside what staging does to the interior. We provide you with a document that has photographs, instructions, and a checklist of supplies to make your curb appeal amazing. We also have an exclusive relationship with a top landscaping company to help you if you don’t have a green thumb.
- Color Flyers - Most agents will put a flyer box in your yard with black and white flyers. We do not! We create professional color brochures strategically staged on the inside of your home.
- Realtor.com - We are premium members of Realtor.com. This allows us to present more photographs, videos and information about your home than regular agents. This lets us better market your home in a meaningful way. We also propagate your listing to hundreds of affiliated websites.
- Online Marketing - 84% of buyers start their search online. How many agents do you know that truly understand technology and the internet? Not many I bet and the ones who do have a good web presence have hired someone to do the work for them. When you hire the Wells to list your home you also get over 20 years of top tier technology knowledge from Brent. Brent is a former software architect and technology guru who puts that experience to work to get your listing propagated out across the web to attract the most buyers.